Skip to main content

The Problem Update.

This morning I spent some time on the phone trying to resolve the issues with my sweet Diana. We have come to the conclusion that in transportation of the loom (in the back of an suv) some of the mechanical parts came 'un-tweaked'. This puts a big 'AH-HA' on the whole mishap! I am hoping to have the replacement parts by UPS tomorrow so I should be able to finally finish these scarves and start the stars. I also can't wait to see how this loom really works! I have not been 100% satisfied and now am realizing that that unsatisfaction could simply be due to the loom never operating at 100%.

So, my next endeavour is to make some more room in the studio. This means that I will have to see what is going to happen with that 60" Leclerc. I had it on Ebay (for a little too cheap) but, had no bites. Could be the market......could have been the wrong week to list. I think I'll try again when the weather breaks.

Comments

Gwen said…
I hope the replacement pieces take care of the problem and Diana can finally be herself! And good luck selling the Leclerc. :)
Jane said…
Am so glad that you're going to get your loom in tip top shape. How frustrating to be so close to the end of these gorgeous scaves, and have to wait wait wait. Ack!

You have such a wonderful eye for color and design, it will be exciting to see them all together and all finished up.

Can't wait!
Jane
Sue said…
Hope UPS was good to you today....and that the part fixed the problem!!!

The scarves you're making are really beautiful!

Popular posts from this blog

The First Two Twills

For the first scarf, I chose a blue weft and the contrast in color with the burgundy warp is just wonderful.  At different angles, you can see that there is a lot of movement and once it's off the loom and wet finished, it should have an iridescent quality that tencel is almost always known for. 



     For the second scarf, I chose a red-violet weft also in tencel.  The final product will be less dramatic than the first for a more subtle look.  The broken twill pattern is slight breaking the movement in the overall pattern in rectangular blocks.



Now back to the drawing table for two more designs :)

Americana Chenille Scarves on Memorial Day

Still working through the stash of yarn that I already have, I've decided on a run of chenille scarves in red, white and blue!

There is so much to work through in my stash and at the rate I'm going, I may never have to buy yarn again!

I took pictures indoors on a dreary day so the colors don't pop like they would in natural sunlight but you get the idea.  I went with a classic plaid for two and a plain creamy white for the weft in the third.

This was a quick easy plain weave...just trying to cut down the stash!


The weather has finally broken!  An extra month of Winter was a little too much for me so, when I'm not home when I should be home, it's on the trail I am.  Lush green leaves are finally here :)



The Second Two Twills

The last two scarves are plaited twills.  I started with a silver weft and a strange thing started happening again.  I'm getting little lines of fuzz as I weave on the right hand side of the fabric.  I'm assuming that the reed is doing this and I can't seem to figure out why.  When I wet finish the fabric, the fuzz goes away but I can't seem to figure out why it's happening.  Perhaps it's my beat.



     The last scarf is also a plaited twill this time done in a light sunny yellow for a nice contrast.



Finally...twisting the fringe!


My next project will be another straight draw and I'll probably design in the lift plan to get some more detailed imagery.