Sunday, September 7, 2008

Studio Complete....kinda;)

Well, the final coat of white paint has been applied, the painters tape removed, and the furniture, loom, and other do-dads put back in place.....somewhat.

These pictures seem a little dreary because I took them at night. I was so amazed at how big the room looks now....there seems to be so much more functional workspace with the closet out. Although there are some little things that could be done to make it look better, my original plan was to work with what I had. Eventually the room will be gutted then sheet rocked, but for now, I'm really happy with the results......I honestly don't know how temporary (or permanent)they are.
The new computer nook is great. The Diana will go in the empty space between the computer and loom. I'll be picking her up in October!!!!! I can't wait!!!
This towel is handwoven using a network twill pattern. I have been 'playing' with color a little more (or at least trying to) since I'm such a black and brown kinda gal. All of the colorful spinning I do and you would think that I could get some more in my weaving.
This piece has been a thought for quite some time. I tend to get several ideas of 'next' projects and have to sort which one to do. Using an M&W twill pattern with 8/2 tencel on my 8 shaft Nilus, this scarf is going to be 10" wide. I usually stick with 8" for scarves but, with the recent set of shibori shawls I did, I think that wider is a little better for these.

1 comment:

Kaz said...

I love your studio. It looks light and airy and organised. i start out organised then all of a sudden it's a frightful mess! I don't know how it happens. Thanks.